You will have a chance to be responsible for the architecture decisions and will help shape the final product vision – and corresponding technical solutions – in close collaboration with the client. This includes leading the team, traveling to client sites, multiple workshops, and brainstorming sessions. There are multiple interesting challenges along the way, including Microservices engagement, managing and maintaining a bunch of integrations with external service providers.
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- 2+ years of Team Leading experience.
- Experience developing Java Web applications in the AWS cloud.
- The good notion of RESTful services.
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying applications from scratch.
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+ and Spring (Spring Boot, Data, Security, MVC).
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis).
- Advanced level of English and ability to communicate with a client directly.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and practical experience with Python.
- Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems (Kafka, Amazon SQS).
- Understanding of Microservices approaches and practices.
- Passion for various engineering practices and proper process setup.
- Experience with Docker.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor or team leads. Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance.
- Manages medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.