We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our team and create innovative, world-class products. You are going to be working as a part of the team of a Silicon Valley-based company on publishing web applications for public and corporate use. It is powered by a scientific core implementing various ML and NLP algorithms. Besides general engineering activities, you will be participating in discussion product functionality, define the architecture, estimate the scope of work and build product roadmap with other team members.
Technology stack: Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS, SQL, REST.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of commercial experience in software development with Java
- Strong Java Concurrency knowledge
- Spring (Core, Security, Data, Boot)
- Strong Java Core and Spring Framework work experience
- Experience developing UI for clients’ appsKnowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture, and design patterns
- Comprehensive experience using Git/GitHub
- Curious about current tech trends and developments
- Strong communication skills
- Good English and willingness to speak directly to the customer
Would be a plus:
- Experience with FinTech products
- Experience working with ElasticSearch engine
- Experience developing high load systems and utilization of message queue engines such as Apache Kafka, Amazon SQS, etc.
- Make it visible: work on both back-end and web interface to see the result instantly (50/50 of time distribution)
- Participate in requirements analysis, research implementation ways and possibilities.
- Proactively engages in researches, discussions and decisions on software architecture and internal coding style, architecture, process and another standard establishment.
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Write unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with the team members and customer representatives
- Perform code-reviews and share best practices with colleagues
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.