We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our team and create an innovative bank application – full delivery cycle from design/idea to implementation (backend / WEB frontend / iOS / Android) and release. A full set of banking features will be combined with e.g. wealth management 3D animated widget and virtual shopping in a 3D gamified world, AI and other challenging integrations.
Qualifications & experience:
- 5+ years in IT, 3+ years in Android development
- A thorough understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity and optimization
- A thorough understanding of mobile application architectures, common patterns and design techniques
- Experience with TDD, Unit Testing, Functional Testing and Refactoring
- Database development experience, including SQL
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, and XP)
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery
- A proactive, goal-focused mindset
- Good communication skills
- A passion for continuous learning and adapting to new technologies
- The desire to create high-quality products
- Experience with Java SE/EE
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem – analytics, advertising, BaaS, publishing, UI design concepts
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Knowledge of RxJava/RxAndroid
- A deep understanding of Java VM (Oracle, Dalvik, ART)
- The ability to maintain and develop C/C++ code for Android
- Knowledge of low-level Java optimization techniques for Android
- A BSc/MSc degree
- Experience with Coroutines and Android Architecture Components
- Your own personal apps on Google Play Store
- Design, develop and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Java code
- Implement new features based on product/design team and customer inputs.
- Write unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with the team members within a Scrum Framework
- Perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.