At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our product is a digital fitness application that enables gyms to create a branded and engaging social fitness community. This interactive platform connects exercise equipment, third-party apps, and fitness trackers. It enables clubs, trainers, and customers from around the world to efficiently access, collect, and analyze fitness data. The branded health-club apps enable customers to enhance their training and workout sessions using personalized goal settings and fitness challenges.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team and create innovative, world-class products. You will handle the entire product development process and work closely with the customer’s tech team. You will determine product functionality, define the architecture and estimate the scope of work. In addition, you will participate in internal knowledge-sharing meetings, external tech talks, and conferences as an attendee or speaker.
As a Senior Engineer, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the hiring process;
- Act as Line Manager for junior engineers;
- Participate in pre-sales activities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 4 years of iOS experience;
- Strong programming knowledge of Objective-C/Swift;
- Solid experience with CoreData, Multitasking, and Networking;
- Thorough understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity, and optimization;
- Solid knowledge of mobile application architecture, design patterns, and an understanding of refactoring techniques;
- Knowledge of TDD, experience with Unit and UI Testing;
- Solid knowledge of development tools, environments, and utilities;
- Understanding of Apple HIG and a passion to build the best UX;
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Proactive goal-focused mindset and the desire to create high-quality products;
- A passion for continuous learning and adapting to new technologies;
- Good written and spoken English, good communication skills.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery;
- Experience in direct communication with customers;
- Python, Shell script knowledge;
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science;
- Your own apps on the App Store.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.