At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The project is focused on design and delivery of the platform solution for one of the world-leading creative advertising brands.
The concept of the platform may be described as a cross-organization “operating system”, a centralized hub for distributed innovation. The platform will become an entry point to different target audiences keen on using their own and 3rd party digital products while contributing to the new applications development.
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Web servers administrating (nginx, apache, haproxy);
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Go, etc.);
- Understanding the containerization concepts (Docker ecosystem).
- Good experience with container orchestration systems, Kubernetes (GKE);
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, etc.);
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Grafana Loki, Splunk, etc.);
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Cloud computing (GCP);
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English);
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Cloud configuration, IaaC (Terraform);
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (BitBucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.).
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.);
- Practice experience with second public cloud platform (AWS, MS Azure Cloud);
- The ability to build cloud agnostic infrastructure solutions;
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability;
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.);
- Close communication with the development teams;
- Define and support CI/CD pipelines as a part of total automation framework for test environments;
- Automation of infrastructure provisioning and maintenance;
- Cloud resources management automation and cost optimisation;
- Implementation of centralised observability systems (logging, monitoring&alerting, tracing);
- Reporting on implementation progress and team activities.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.