We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our team and create innovative and world-class products. You will handle the entire product development process and work closely with the customer’s tech team. You will determine product functionality, define the architecture and estimate the scope of work. In addition, you will participate in internal knowledge-sharing meetings, external tech talks, and conferences as an attendee or speaker.
As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead new projects
- Supervise a team
- Participate in the hiring process
- Act as Line Manager for junior engineers
- Participate in pre-sales activities
Our product is a digital fitness application that enables gyms to create a branded and engaging social fitness community. This interactive platform connects exercise equipment, third-party apps and fitness trackers. It enables clubs, trainers, and customers from around the world to efficiently access, collect and analyze fitness data. The branded health-club apps enable customers to enhance their training and workout sessions using personalized goal settings and fitness challenges.
What we expect from a Technical Android Lead:
- Represent the team:
- Attend meetings, so not everyone in the team has to attend.
- Communicate with management: Bring topics from the team and return information.
- Communicate with other teams: Bring topics from the team and return information.
- Drive technical decisions
- Ensure that technical decisions are made in a timely fashion.
- Ensure decisions are in line with general architecture guidelines
- Advise the team’s PO about technical OKRs for each quarter.
- Maintain technical standards
- Establish guidelines where necessary.
- Ensure that software and systems are documented.
- Highlight the consequences of sub-optimal technical decisions to POs.
- Avoid technical debt.
- Manage onboarding
- Ensure the technical onboarding and education of new hires and junior engineers.
- Own the technical roadmap
- Be an owner of the technical roadmap for the team;
- Work with the TPMs (technical project managers) of ongoing projects in the technical roadmap, and bring stories to refinement/planning meetings
- Provide personal feedback to the team
Qualifications & experience:
- At least 4 years of Android experience
- Strong programming knowledge of Java/Kotlin
- Knowledge of low-level Java optimization techniques for Android
- A deep understanding of Java VM (Oracle, Dalvik, ART)
- Database development experience including SQL
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem – analytics, advertising, BaaS, publishing, UI design concepts
- Thorough understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity, and optimization
- Solid knowledge of mobile application architecture, design patterns, understanding of refactoring techniques
- Knowledge of TDD, experience with Unit and UI Testing
- Solid knowledge of development tools, environments, and utilities
- Understanding of Material Guidelines, passion to build the best UX
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Proactive goal-focused mindset, Desire to create high-quality products
- Passion for continuous learning and adapting to new technologies
- Good written and spoken English as well as good communication skills
- Knowledge of Dart/Flutter
- Knowledge of RxJava/RxAndroid
- Knowledge of Coroutines
- The ability to maintain and develop C/C++ code for Android
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience with direct communication with customers
- Experience with leading a team
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science
- Your own apps on Google Play Store
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation.
We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.