Tweddle Group, headquartered in Michigan, is a privately held company founded in 1954. Historically a business dedicated to printing car manuals, they are now a leading supplier of product support, digital owner information, and diagnostic tools to many of the largest automakers in the world.
- Supported the architecture, development, and launch of new content management and delivery systems, now used by multiple Tweddle Group clients;
- Helped significantly reduce the time required for digital content preparation and maintenance;
- Working for Tweddle Group, created SaaS solutions that are now part of a bigger product set;
- Advocated agile process improvements and engineering practices;
- Served as a primary technology partner to Tweddle Group, extending it’s technical and design capabilities.
Historically, Tweddle Group was a company focused on printing car manuals. They have a huge print shop in MI, USA that prints hundreds of manuals an hour. Services and solutions that they have historically provided can be grouped into these three (3) categories:
- Content creation (car manuals);
- Print/DVD of legally mandated in-car manuals;
- Logistics (packing the manuals into boxes and shipping to OEMs).
In 2010, Tweddle Group started gradually moving into the digital product space with a vision to become the leading supplier of digital owner information and diagnostic products for automotive companies worldwide. The goal was to scale and reduce internal costs, optimize operational reality and sunset inefficient legacy systems.
Star was instrumental in helping Tweddle Group rebuild the following content tools for these workflows: management, transformation, delivery.
We are proud of the results of our collaboration:
- Now, major revenue streams are derived from digital solutions, compared to fully non-digital back in the days
- New revenue streams opened as a result of moving to digital solutions offering rich and reliable data for automakers
- Operational efficiency improved by retiring obsolete legacy infrastructure and new content management tools with simplified workflows and bigger automation
Now, many Tweddle Group clients rely on these tools to deliver content to their fleet and are part of a bigger product offered to Tweddle Group’s clients as a SaaS.
- Project management
- Software development
- Quality assurance
- Software operations
- Product Management
- Java 8
- AWS (ElasticSearch, EC2, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Ansible, Terraform